Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Trump on the Lam: Episode 1, Trumped Up



Hello and welcome to my inaugural blog post!

Sometime in July, before the RNC chose its candidate, Seth Meyers made a plea to Donald Trump: Donald, if you quit your campaign right now I will give you a TV show where we watch you serve as a fictional president, because let’s be honest, we all kind of want to see what your presidency would be like.

And at that moment I thought, “I actually want to see that show, too.”

Below, you can find my answer, a four-part (give or take) series of screenplays called Trump on the Lam.

I realize I’m very late to this party. With the release of the Trump Tapes, I think we can be optimistic about a Trump-free White House. We’re all tired of the Donald, of the 2016 election, and look forward to the next travesty in the crap soap opera of human history.

That said. I like these pieces, I’m proud of how they say things, of some of the characters who will no doubt find their way into future stories in one way or another.

It’s your prerogative if you read it or not, but if you do, I hope they serve the same purpose they gave me: a way to help process and cap off the hellish year of 2016.

Note: a / connotes when the next line begins.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment